Wednesday, May 11, 2016

           Hi everyone! Let's see what's been going on around the farm, shall we?

           So first, my favorite chicken, Arwen, (a bantam Cochin) is sitting on about 18 eggs. She hatched two already. One on Monday and one today. They both are white with light grey on their backs. The second one had more grey, though.

           Pearl, my semi-new Muscovy hen, is sitting on who knows how many eggs. She hasn't hatched anything yet, although the Muscovy do take five weeks to hatch their little ducklings.

           My Khaki Campbell ducks who were in the incubator hatched on the 3rd and 4th. Out of 24 eggs, 19 babies hatched. I'm so happy, even though a few of them aren't full Khaki like we thought. They're half Khaki Campbell half Welsh Harlequin.

            Our four does are due sometime next month. They're HUGE! I think they all have at least twins in there. Whoo! Tons of goat kids

            So basically, we have babies coming out our ears.

           Windswept Acres 1, Windswept Acres 2, and The Horses of Echo Falls 1 were coming along until the cooling fan in my four-year-old computer went kapoot. Yeah. It just died. I just about died. All of my work! All of my Minecraft things! My pictures! My games! But most importantly, my BOOKS!!

           I totally freaked out, running around yelling, "Omigosh omigosh omigosh! All my stuff!" Until Dad told me that all he had to do was wrench the insides out of my poor Dell, then stick wires in it's brain, then copy it's mind onto my "new" (a pretty old Dell laptop that surprisingly works better then my old one) computer. Well, actually, he said he could take the hard drive out of my old laptop, then copy everything over to the new one. But seriously, what's the difference?

           Right now I'm writing from Mom's new Toshiba. It's super cool. It's keyboard lights up, it's touchscreen, it runs REALLY fast, and it can flip into a huge iPad-like device like the Microsoft Surface does.

           It used to be my dad's, until he fried it when he put his iPhone on top of it, right after he had put a magnet in the phone case. Great job Dad. Real smooth.

           Somehow he un-fried it so Mom could use it. He got a replacement for it, and he has a computer that basically is the same thing except his is black.

           If you're wondering why I'm using my mom's computer, well, I don't have the Internet. I have to wait for that until I'm 16.

           For updates on the horses, Ruffian's fur is almost out. The winter hair, that is. No, we don't have a partially bald horse.

            Anyway, Cherry still looks like Big Foot's cousin. Or Chewie's. Wait. What if Chewie and Big Foot were related? I just figured out the Sasquatch mystery! We've all  really been seeing Chewbacca, not Big Foot. Does that Big Foot is really playing Chewie in Star Wars? (Insert "Bhwas" here.) :O :O :O

           Well, back to Cherry. Since she's 25, her hair takes a lot longer to come out, even with me brushing and Ruffian grooming her. Luckily I've been trying to be persistent in getting her hair out.

           Momma let me make my own Pandora station, and I like that I can put anyone I like on, instead of listening to the radio where anything comes on. My station includes: Taylor Swift (duh), Adele (duh), Pentatonix (duh), Paramore, Maroon 5, Carrie Underwood (duh), Deadmau5, Celldweller, Colbie Calliat, Rachel Platten, Lindsay Sterling, Kurt Bestor, District 78, Brad Pasely, Doris Day, Blake Shelton, Van Halen, Imagine Dragons (duh)...A ton more, too, but you get the idea of the kind of music I like. Basically, I like any music unless it's rap or techno. I tend to lean more to the dubstep, country, and pop areas though.

            I just realized something. Us bird people could really call our friends "peeps." One of my brothers used to say that a lot. I didn't really get why he did, or what it meant. But hey, we could use that as an animal person term!

           I have to go now. I gotta feed. You know. The "Call of the Hungry Animals" is happening right now. XD I hoped you liked reading my babbling.

           Ciao ciao,                            (No, I don't have a Chow Chow.)
                     Moira S. Fasser

           PS
            Do you guys have any good names for my books? Or should I just keep the names? I'd really like some advice. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment