Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Books, Ducks, and Horses...Can't Get Better Than That!

          Well this is a first. I'm (Moira) sitting here watching NCIS, listening to Ingrid Michaelson, writing a blog update, and listening to my nephew Evan, all at the same time. Multitasking at its best.

          Our weather has been totally weird. First it was super cold, then it warmed up and melted. Then it decided to snow, and then it melted AGAIN. This morning it snowed, and it was 26 degrees last time I checked. This weather is super confusing.

          Momma put 13 eggs in the incubator a while ago. Four were duds, but the rest are growing well, one possibly being twins. They're due on the 18th, and I can't WAIT! We stop hatching in the winter, and it feels like years until we start hatching again in the spring.

          We also ordered 10 Ancona ducklings, and I'm also super stoked about that.

          Oh, FYI, I'm sold my Khaki mix girls, and I'm going to sell my Khaki drake, since we can't find Khakis that are show quality. So I'm getting into Anconas, since they're supposed to lay a lot of eggs and are supposed to be very calm.

          So Momma's been showing me how to shade when I'm drawing. I think I'm getting the hang of it. Now that I see what she's been talking about, it's a lot easier to do more realistic pictures than before. When I get the time, I'll put a few pictures of the drawings I've done.

          I've gotten over 50 pages written in my Windswept Acres book!! I'm just started on the other one, The Horses of Echo Falls (which is a mystery book), but I've had the idea for THOEF for a while. I'm also thinking about writing two other books after I'm done with these two, one being a horse book and the other being more of a sci-fi book.

          This book writing business is hard but fun. The best thing about writing two at the same time is that if I get bored of writing in one, I can write the other one. It works out.

          Well, I've run outta stuff to write... I'll hopefully remember to update this soon! Ciao for now. (Hey, that's catchy!)

                                                  Neighs and whinnies,
                                                         Moira S Fasser

No comments:

Post a Comment